About Me

My photo
Joy Serves G*d in Joy as a passionate performing percussionist, poet, publisher, photographer, publicist, sound healer, spiritual guide, artist, gardener and Gemini. "Ivdu Et Hashem B'Simcha" -Psalm 100:2 ....... Joy Krauthammer, active in the Jewish Renewal, Feminist, and neo-Chasidic worlds for over three decades, kabbalistically leads Jewish women's life-cycle rituals. ... Workshops, and Bands are available for all Shuls, Sisterhoods, Rosh Chodeshes, Retreats, Concerts, Conferences & Festivals. ... My kavanah/intention is that my creative expressive gifts are inspirational, uplifting and joyous. In gratitude, I love doing mitzvot/good deeds, and connecting people in joy. In the zechut/merit of Reb Shlomo Carlebach, zt'l, I mamash love to help make our universe a smaller world, one REVEALING more spiritual consciousness, connection, compassion, and chesed/lovingkindness; to make visible the Face of the Divine... VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE and enjoy all offerings.... For BOOKINGS write: joyofwisdom1 at gmail.com, leave a COMMENT below, or call me. ... "Don't Postpone Joy" bear photo montage by Joy. Click to enlarge. BlesSings, Joy

Thursday, September 15, 2011

SHIR of the GARDEN SHEARS

SHIR of the GARDEN SHEARS
Finger collides with garden shears
- Joy Krauthammer


Avoiding going to the nearest ER --which is an act I felt strongly against, I was very inventive so I didn't have to go when my finger collided with the sharp rose pruners. Here is my shir* of the garden shears. Preparing for my daughter's visit the next morning, I was multi-tasking, and ridding dead leaves from a plant outside in the 100* + weather.

Needing to be a survivor and constrict the blood stream, I quickly made a strong tourniquet with a tightly wound rubber band to compress my finger. I poured a handy new bottle of hydrogen peroxide on wound and watched the wound bubble. I'd never used that fluid before. I bandaged the wound with bandaids, medical tape, and wound a twist-em over the whole thing to hold it together. I realized that I needed help holding up my hand to keep the blood from flowing down, so I grabbed a belt. Then I grabbed a suitcase strap with clips. I stuck plastic knife in contraption clip to keep finger erect, then switched to a Chinese chopstick so I didn't knife myself. Then I added the ring finger, wrapping it with tape to the whole kit and caboodle to support the poor pinkie finger. I hung up my whole arm, and was very proud of my invention. No ER for me.  (Last time I needed a tetanus shot it cost $2,500 in ER.)


I called a nurse who said never to use H. peroxide because it kills good skin. My doc didn't do stitches in office, I was informed. I went in next day for tetanus shot because of the garden shears. Doc didn't have shot in his office so I had to go to pharmacy, wait, buy it and bring it back to MD office. As long as I was there, I also bought the whooping cough vaccine. A walnut sized lump manifested over shot location.  Weeks later it is reduced to pea size. oy vey

I became a one handed typist, and couldn't swim for two weeks in 109* weather and warm water.  :(  My finger remains tender weeks later and I'm a little nervous now as I prune out the plants' dead leaves from the 100* heat. (I'm careful as I performed as percussionist this week.)

Enjoy the medical photo that I creatively took of myself in a mirror for Shir of the Garden Shears.
*SHIR in Hebrew means "song". 
~ ~ ~

Since my garden shears careless accident, I am taking a CERT course with the Fire Department. Last week we learned how to emergency splint arms and legs, and it was NOT with knives and chopsticks...
www.CERT-LA.COM 


Plastic knife splint before I decided a knife can slice me...
Self Portait by Joy Krauthammer
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,
Welcome to Visions of Joy.
Please share yours with me
and leave a COMMENT.
BlesSings,
Joy