About Me

My photo
Joy Serves G*d in Joy as a passionate performing percussionist, poet, publisher, photographer, publicist, sound healer, spiritual guide, artist, gardener and Gemini. "Ivdu Et Hashem B'Simcha" -Psalm 100:2 ....... Joy Krauthammer, active in the Jewish Renewal, Feminist, and neo-Chasidic worlds for over three decades, kabbalistically leads Jewish women's life-cycle rituals. ... Workshops, and Bands are available for all Shuls, Sisterhoods, Rosh Chodeshes, Retreats, Concerts, Conferences & Festivals. ... My kavanah/intention is that my creative expressive gifts are inspirational, uplifting and joyous. In gratitude, I love doing mitzvot/good deeds, and connecting people in joy. In the zechut/merit of Reb Shlomo Carlebach, zt'l, I mamash love to help make our universe a smaller world, one REVEALING more spiritual consciousness, connection, compassion, and chesed/lovingkindness; to make visible the Face of the Divine... VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE and enjoy all offerings.... For BOOKINGS write: joyofwisdom1 at gmail.com, leave a COMMENT below, or call me. ... "Don't Postpone Joy" bear photo montage by Joy. Click to enlarge. BlesSings, Joy

Sunday, September 11, 2011

911 Memorial


All photos/material on this site are under copyright © Joy Krauthammer and may be copied only with permission from Joy Krauthammer, and may not be altered.


9/11 Memorial
photos and collage by Joy Krauthammer ©



The 9/11 memorial in Porter Ranch, CA was NOT a Vision of Joy, but it was for me a good healing vision to see the 2,977 flags REMEMBERING and HONORING the murdered people in NY and DC in 9/11, so that I, too, could pay tribute to the victims, their loved ones, community, first responders and rescuers.

Where Were You On September 11? article by Sara Esther Crispe


Chabad Reader Comments
Where are we after 9/11? 
by Joy Krauthammer

Sara Esther Crispe asks, "Where Were You on 9/11?"  Where are we really now, in 4 Worlds of spirit, mind, heart, and body? "Have we changed? Where do we want to be?" 

How do we get there? These self-reflective questions are pertinent in Elul as we prepare for High Holidays. 
May the Holy One inscribe and seal us all in the Book of Life.

  L'Shana Tova Tichetevu V'Techetemu

Let’s remember the fallen victims-- lives snuffed out, murdered by terrorists. 
As a tribute to the dead, and for ourselves,  let us be all that we can be

There are 2,977 individual flags, each representing a life lost on 9/11/2001, displayed today, 9/11/11, on gently sloped green grass with trees and flowers blooming, by a busy street near my Porter Ranch, CA home. Each flag contains one person's name, age, occupation (janitor, cook, former dancer, executive VP, secretary, mail clerk, flight captain, firefighter, FBI terrorism expert, or child, student or retiree), location on 9/11 (with color coded ribbons), and photo when available-- some with smiling loved ones, or in uniform.

It is heart and soul wrenching to see the victims; many nationalities, cultures, races, religions, ages; some visiting America. What fear they must have felt. With compassion, I visited our local 9/11 memorial, created with deep respect. With sadness, in tribute, I read each flag and photographed dozens, as if I knew personally each soul. In connection, feeling loss and pain, I said each name, which included Jewish names.

A decade ago, watching NY, my former home, I was stunned; shocked with the horror, the trauma of the attacks. Ten years later, I am changed. I cry listening on the radio to stories shared from victim's families and friends, and from seeing photos, and life and death data. I know that I must do what I can as an individual for shalom /peace. With an open heart and passion with G*d's shared light, I do mitzvot / good deeds in our world, and with self-reflection, do Cheshbon haNefesh (an inner accounting of my soul), and work consciously and in joy in 4 Worlds to be all that I can be.  May we all have shalom olam.


I was limited to 1,000 characters for a comment so I wrote two separate comments, 1,000 each and they are combined, published in www.Chabad.org
---

Rodney Dickens, age 11. Killed.
© Joy Krauthammer

9/11 Memorial, Porter Ranch, CA, and Joy not in joy.
photo by Marianne Love

"Joy Krauthammer of Porter Ranch, a temple musician, came to the 9-1-1 tribute because she feels sympathetic and compassionate for the survivors. Krauthammer, who is Jewish, said she tries to reach out to Muslim people she meets in her life to show there can be peace in the world and she can be one of its ambassadors." - Marianne Love, Patch reporter

Here's something posted on a local news site, an interview by Marianne Love with Joy Krauthammer:


IMO the Fallen
© Joy Krauthammer  9.11.2016


9.11 MEMORIAL ~ WE REMEMBER
Temple Ramat Zion, Northridge, CA  9.11.2016
Rabbi Ahud Sela, Cantor Daniel Friedman
Veterans of Foreign Wars, LAPD, LAFD
photos © Joy Krauthammer 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,
Welcome to Visions of Joy.
Please share yours with me
and leave a COMMENT.
BlesSings,
Joy