About Me

My photo
Joy Serves G*d in Joy as a passionate performing percussionist, poet, publisher, photographer, publicist, sound healer, spiritual guide, artist, gardener and Gemini. "Ivdu Et Hashem B'Simcha" -Psalm 100:2 ....... Joy Krauthammer, active in the Jewish Renewal, Feminist, and neo-Chasidic worlds for over three decades, kabbalistically leads Jewish women's life-cycle rituals. ... Workshops, and Bands are available for all Shuls, Sisterhoods, Rosh Chodeshes, Retreats, Concerts, Conferences & Festivals. ... My kavanah/intention is that my creative expressive gifts are inspirational, uplifting and joyous. In gratitude, I love doing mitzvot/good deeds, and connecting people in joy. In the zechut/merit of Reb Shlomo Carlebach, zt'l, I mamash love to help make our universe a smaller world, one REVEALING more spiritual consciousness, connection, compassion, and chesed/lovingkindness; to make visible the Face of the Divine... VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE and enjoy all offerings.... For BOOKINGS write: joyofwisdom1 at gmail.com, leave a COMMENT below, or call me. ... "Don't Postpone Joy" bear photo montage by Joy. Click to enlarge. BlesSings, Joy

Sunday, June 5, 2011

TWIN TALLEISIM

Twin Friends

For me it is a Vision of Joy to see my VBS friend, Shirley Lowy, 
wearing the same (almost) purple tallit.
I enhanced mine with shades of purple irridescent ribbons. 
(See front and Atarah.)
Shirley and I also share birthday Torah Parsha BaHa'alotecha.


Joy & Aviva

 A Vision of Joy for me to see 
Aviva and I wearing our almost twin talleisim
These wool tallits, I designed 
and beloved elderly friend, Ruth Zitch, z"l, tenderly 
in Chesed, Gevurah, Tiferet, Hod, Netzach and Yesod, into Malchut-- 
passionately pulled warp threads 
and wove in ribbons that chose me, 
the colors of the Sephirot 
and days of the week, 
inspired by Reb Zalman Schachter-Shalomi's
 color design of his Rainbow Tallit.

B'nai Horin chevre helped me tie Tzitzit, High Holidays, 1993, 20 years ago.
Each Omer Z'man / season, 
I especially delight in wearing my Tallit. 
Aviva, where is yours?
Please wear it. 
BlesSings, 
JOY
~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,
Welcome to Visions of Joy.
Please share yours with me
and leave a COMMENT.
BlesSings,
Joy